Every day we help children from age 4 upwards to be their best selves, and to reach their full potential at school and at home. We’re really proud of the children we’ve helped to learn to read, to pass the 11+, to gain the confidence they need to be happy at school, to get the GCSEs they need to move on to the next step… In fact, we’re proud of everything that we and our students have achieved since 2013, and our fifth birthday is a great excuse to cast our minds back.
Here are a few highlights from the past five years:
- We found our wonderful premises in November 2012, and we were ready to teach our first students the following February.
- In our first full year August was our busiest month, even though we were only open three days a week.
- Local schools were recommending us regularly by 2014, and Devon County Council started referring looked-after children to us for educational support.
- By 2015 we were consistently helping well over 100 students every week, six days a week, fifty weeks a year.
- In 2016 we upgraded our online booking system and started to offer Essentials and Signature classes with specialist teachers for different age groups.
- Last year we began to offer Individual Tuition to adults who need to improve their GCSE grades to get into Further Education courses, or to pass assessments in order to be eligible for career progression at work.
We’re looking forward to finding out what the next five years will bring, as we continue to grow and respond to what you, our clients, need to best support your children. Already this year we have launched our first Signature 11+ class, and the exciting new Exeter Maths Club is on the horizon!